July 5 - 16 | Taiwan
For the sixth year in a row we are partnering with Team Expansion’s missionaries, Chad and Alicia Edwards, who are working throughout central Taiwan. Team expansion is an organization that works in 40 different countries to transform communities among the unreached by planting biblical churches. They work closely with 5 families and are seeking to spark a disciple making movement resulting in disciples making disciples and churches planting churches. They work with different groups to connect with their community in new ways and they share a desire to see a genuine church community formed. They’ve recently been given the privilege to spend time working in schools to teach english and truths from the Bible. They’re continuing to work towards helping students have brighter futures and build a stronger church community in Taichung, Taiwan.
Trip Cost: $1800
Trip Open To: Ages 16+*
WHAT WILL THE TEAM BE DOING?
The Crossing will be sending a team to help facilitate the fun of the popular Sports and English Camp. This camp has helped change hundreds of lives and started house churches all over the island of Taiwan. No experience is necessary to lead Sports or English classes. The week long camp is not only fun for the campers, but a great way for staff to grow closer to God and build friendships with the students. Sports and English Camp provides a safe place for students to hang out and be with their friends, all while spending time learning more about Christianity and having fun.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is preferred, but not required.
- Open to anyone 16+*
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $1800 per traveler.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Taiwan.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Taiwan, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
Transportation – Bullet train will be taken from Taichung to Taipei on the way back to the airport for return flight. Taxis will be used to night markets. 10-12 passenger vans will be used at all other times.
- Housing – The team from The Crossing and students in the camp will be sleeping on air mattresses in classrooms. (Housing plans and details may change) Temperatures will be very high and humid.
Questions? Contact Trip Leader: Dominique Salazar | 702-947-2080