June 2 - 9 | Puerto Rico
For the first time, we will be sending a team to Puerto Rico to work with LYNC8 Project. The LYNC8 Project connects college students, young adults and others to existing organizations working in the fields of different social issues such as, exploited persons, human trafficking and agencies combating homelessness and drug addiction. Since hurricane Maria they have shifted their focus towards relief efforts and helping rebuild communities. The team from The Crossing will be working to assist with that disaster recovery from hurricane Maria. The team will spend time throughout the week doing various manual labor serving projects and serving local kids and the elderly. The team will spend most of their time in the central part of Puerto Rico working in mountainous areas that have not received much outside help. This trip is a very hands-on service oriented opportunity to work physically and assist with some major needs. It’s a chance to learn about and engage with a country that has a unique connection to our own as well.
Trip Cost: $1300
Trip Leader: Dan Ward & Bianca Nieves
Trip Open To: Open to anyone 18+
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Open to anyone 18+
- Must be in good health and able to handle multiple days of physical labor.
- Must have a valid US government issued ID. Passport is NOT required for this trip.
- Submit deposit at registration and complete application for approval.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COSTt?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? $1300 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due at registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? All transportation expenses, housing, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Puerto Rico.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Government issued ID’s, food while traveling to/from the Dominican Republic, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
Transportation – Rental vans will be used to transport the team in Puerto Rico.
Housing – The team will be staying in a hotel.
Questions? Email Dan Ward | (702) 947-2080