August 3 - 12 | Huanchaco, Peru
Las Vegas Resident and Crossing attendee, Iliana Bustios, has been working in the barrios of Peru making a difference in the lives of young adults. Partnering with teams from The Crossing, as well as other churches and organizations, Iliana and her team are seeing lives changed and transformed through consistent relationships and investment in gang ridden neighborhoods and communities. The team from The Crossing will work with Hope for Youth, a non-profit based in Huanchaco, Peru, to help continue to influence the lives of young adults towards community and away from the influence of the streets.
Trip Cost: $2000
Trip Leaders: Dave and Jasmine Freeman
Trip Open To: 12+ *
Application Deadline: April 5, 2018
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
The Crossing firmly believes in providing opportunities for individuals to learn more about what God is doing around the world. We are committed to offering trips and service projects for you to see firsthand what ministry looks like in Peru and how you can actively contribute to serving others globally and locally. Our hope is that you will be compelled to change something within your lifestyle at home after this experience and make a greater impact in Las Vegas.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
The team from The Crossing will spend time in Huanchaco be a part of devotionals, teaching lessons, spending time around a bonfire and building relationships there with Iliana and the young adults in the community. Hope For Youth recently renovated an old Hostel to use it for classes, lessons, studies, and other activities. The team will spend time working with the teens in this facility. The mornings will be spend with kids at a detention center and the evenings with kids at the youth center. We would also spend a few days as a team up in the mountains with a small community doing outreach, learning, and relationship building. This trip is highly relational, immersive, and provides a fantastic opportunity to engage cross-culturally.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- Open to anyone 12+ *
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? $2000 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due at registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Peru.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Peru, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation: Most of the time the team will be walking to the places they need to go. Vans will also be used when needed.
- Housing: The team will stay in a hostel (2-4 per room) near the ocean in Huanchaco, Peru.
*Trip applicants 12-16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Applicants that are 16 or 17 years old must be approved by the trip leader to go on a trip without a parent/guardian.
Questions? Email Dave Freeman | (702) 947-2080