May 2 - 5 | Tijuana, Mexico
For the second time, we will be taking a big group of men down to Mexico to build multiple homes for families. This trip is a great opportunity for men to use their talents and gifts to work together and accomplish big goals over the course of just a few days. We will be partnering with Homes of Hope, a ministry of YWAM just across the border near Tijuana, Mexico. They have been providing a hand up for families for the last 25 years. The Crossing has been partnering with YWAM and missionary, Alfonso Sanchez, to build homes for the last 11 years. In total, The Crossing has helped to build over 40 homes. We would love for you to join us on this weekend trip! Teams will build a home alongside the family receiving it. We will help provide a way for these families to change the course of their lives and experience God’s love through your hands. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone, whether they have been on a mission trip before or not.
Ideal For: Ages 8+ *
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
We believe that these trips are a next-step in the spiritual journey of people in the church. They are an opportunity for you to be pulled from the comforts of your home and immersed in a different culture with a group of people on the same mission. We want these trips to be catalyst for change in your life that directs you towards a deeper engagement with serving locally and globally.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
The team will leave early in the morning on Friday morning, and will drive to Mexico in rental vans. Upon arrival, YWAM (Youth with a Mission) will host an orientation and training video and learn more about the mission. The team will go to the build site and begin framing the home. After completing the basic structure of the home, everyone will go back to the YWAM base for dinner and an opportunity to rest after a long day. The following morning, teams will go back to building sites and spend the day finishing the homes alongside the families and there will be a special orientation when the family officially gets to move in. Teams will leave the families with their new homes and go back to the base to clean up before eating dinner off site at a restaurant in town. The team will leave and drive back to Las Vegas the following morning/afternoon.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- Open anyone 8+ *
- Must have a passport 30 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
- Submit deposit and complete application for approval.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $550 per traveler. There will be a $50 deposit due with the application that is fully refundable until the day registration closes.
- What is included in the trip cost? All transportation expenses, housing, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Mexico.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Mexico, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will also discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation – Large rental vans with bucket seats will be used for travel to, from, and in Mexico.
- Housing – The team will stay in rooms with bunk beds that accommodate 6 people per room.
*Trip applicants 8-16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Applicants that are 16 or 17 years old must be approved by the trip leader to go on a trip without a parent/guardian.
Questions? Contact Tyler Shaheen | 702.947.2080