High School Spring Break Trip: Short Creek Dream Center
April 6 - 10 | Short Creek Dream Center
The Short Creek Dream Center offers a unique opportunity for student missionaries. It is here that those affected by the aftermath of the raid upon the FLDS religious organization run by Warren Jeffs live on trying to piece together what this new life of freedom should look like.
Spread seeds of love and build relationships with women and children who have been abused and have never known love. This is a rural town in a picturesque setting that is struggling for truth. In a town where the youth outnumber adults 100:1, your mission team can make a difference in this lost town by giving of your time, sharing your hearts and building relationships with those that are broken!
Leaders: Jeff Kiwanuka
Open To: High School students ONLY
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2020
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- High school students ONLY.
- A parent meeting will take place prior to the mission trip to fill you in on all the details of the mission and answer any questions. The meeting date will be announced as we get closer to Spring Break.
- Transportation – We will have several 15 passenger vans to transport students from the Crossing Church on Windmill to the Dream Center in Hildale, UT.
- Housing – Missionaries will stay at the Short Creek Community Dream Center. A daily agenda will be provided closer to travel dates. The Dream Center will provide daily meals and serving opportunities.
Questions? Email Nicki Verbil | (702) 947-2080