Dominican High School
April 13 - 21 | Santiago, Dominican Republic
This year, students from our high school ministry will be going to Santiago, Dominican Republic to work with our partners at Hope House International. Students will prepare for the trip working through training sessions related to global poverty and cultural awareness. During the trip, the team will do a variety of projects like making renovations, leading a kids camp, and doing various community outreach activities. Team members will have the opportunity to experience what multiple different outreach opportunities can look like in other countries. Students will also spend time debriefing each day to discuss their personal experiences and have the opportunity to process thoughts aloud with leaders. This trip is ideal for anyone who has never worked with a ministry outside of Las Vegas because it presents members with those different aspects of ministry so that they can have a better idea of which sort of trip they would like to be a part of in the future.
Leaders: Nicki Verbil
Open To: High School Students only
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 1, 2018
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- High school students ONLY.
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $1800 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due with your application that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in country.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from your destination, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation – Rental vans and trucks will be used to transport the team throughout their time in the DR.
- Housing – This year teams will be staying in 3-4 person rooms in a hotel near the Hope House.
Questions? Email Nicki Verbil | (702) 947-2080