January 26 - February 2 | Honduras
Workers of HOPE Coffee believe that it’s healthy to let the Honduran believers reach out and do the ministry side of HOPE Coffee but to have the US churches engage in encouraging the believers and farmers. Because of this, travelers will be working alongside coffee farmers and locals on building projects to encourage them and learn from them about their lives, country, and conditions. They will learn about coffee farming and the lifestyle that the locals live down there. The Crossing has been in a partnership with HOPE Coffee in Honduras for years. People in Las Vegas have contributed to the ministry they are doing simply by purchasing coffee and baked goods in the REACH cafe, so taking on the opportunity to learn about and be a part of where your money has gone would be a great opportunity.
HOPE Coffee uses 100% Arabica coffee beans that are cupped for quality and classified as specialty grade strictly high grown (SHG) coffee. This coffee comes from Honduras through our partnership with small local coffee farmer associations like Cultivadores del Reino (Kingdom Growers). Cultivadores del Reino helps to transform and sustain the lives of local farmers who are involved in or ministered to by the Camino Global – related churches (HOPE Coffee’s parent nonprofit) in Honduras.
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
We believe that these trips are a next-step in the spiritual journey of people in the church. They are an opportunity for you to be pulled from the comforts of your home and immersed in a different culture with a group of people on the same mission. We want these trips to be catalyst for change in your life that directs you towards a deeper engagement with serving locally and globally.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
The team will spend the week serving alongside local farmers and getting to know them and their community. This trip will involve learning about HOPE Coffee and their unique strategy for reaching, serving, and raising up coffee farmers to break poverty cycles. Participants will be immersed in Honduran culture and have the chance to build relationships with multiple families.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is preferred, but not required.
- Open to anyone 16+*
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much is due directly to The Crossing? $1500
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Honduras.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Honduras, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
Questions? Contact Trip Leader: Michael Dean | 702-947-2080