August 1 - 10 | Ghana, Africa
Throughout Ghana illness and disease spreads due to a lack of understanding of healthy hygiene practices. Through your help we will be able to provide education and training to individuals throughout Ghana on how to live a healthier life. The relationally driven trip provides an ideal opportunity for first time and experienced travelers alike to help make an impact and build relationships with the Ghanaian people. The Crossing will be partnering with City of Refuge and The African Internship Training Center. City of Refuge is a home for about 40 children that have been rescued from a life of slavery in an area near Lake Volta. The team will also be working with The African Internship Training Center, which is a program that invites youth from Ghana who have aged out of foster homes, or living on the streets, to get them in a vocational program. They teach these kids new skills and trades to help them make money and also teach them the love and hope of Jesus that is being offered to them so they can experience a life with hope and prosperity rather than a life of alcoholism and poverty
Trip Cost: 2600
Trip Leader: Ryan Benavente & Liz Koladish
Trip Open To: 18+
Application Deadline: April 1
WHAT WILL THE TEAM BE DOING?
The team from The Crossing will travel to various locations throughout Ghana to teach about health, education, and facilitate projects at an orphanage for rescued boys. They will work alongside the African Internship Training Center and City of Refuge to teach a program referred to CHE: Community Health Evangelism. Team members will be doing medical work with Ghanian residents through CHE. Previous medical experience is preferred but not required. There will also be construction projects for the team members and plenty of opportunities to engage in Ghanian culture and build relationships with the people who are living and working there. Further details will be determined closer to the time of the trip.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- Open to anyone 18+
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? 2600 There will be a $300 deposit due at registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Peru.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Ghana, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation – Tightly packed vans will be used to get around the country; mostly on rough roads.
- Housing – Teams will be staying in motels with all the basic necessities.
Questions? Email Ryan Benavente | (702) 947-2080