July 7 - 15 | Ecuador
At The Crossing, we have a strong partnership with Compassion International. The anthem for Compassion International is to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name, and as a church, we want to support them with that mission as best as we can. We helped build two churches in Ecuador that have allowed hundreds of children and families to learn about Jesus as well as have their physical needs met through the Compassion Project. Sign up today for your chance to visit your sponsor child, and see the project that our weekend offerings helped construct. With millions of children sponsored around the globe, a Compassion Project is incredible to visit and work alongside. The team traveling will help with kids camps and community development projects.
Trip Cost: 2800
Trip Open To: 13+ *
Application Deadline: March 15
WHAT WILL THE TEAM BE DOING?
This trip is focused on the partnership with Compassion International. You will learn about the organization and it’s projects around the globe. Our team will come alongside the church pastors and Compassion staff to assist in any community development programs. Our team will go on home visits to see how Compassion and sponsorship has impacted the lives of families. We will also be able to meet our sponsored children as well as spend time interacting with other children in the Compassion program.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Pre-mission trip experience is NOT required.
- Open to anyone 13+ *
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? 2800. There will be a $300 deposit due at registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? Airfare, housing, transportation, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in Ecuador.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from Ecuador, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- **Planning on visiting with your compassion child? Additional expenses are required to be paid on top of the trip cost listed above. Cost varies on distance that the child lives from the location you will be staying in. Some sponsored children have to travel a long distance to meet his/her sponsor. The sponsor will pay cost of child’s transportation and lodging if needed. Cost varies from $50-$300 depending on the area the child is lives.
- Transportation – The team will travel to the Compassion project each day in large vans.
- Housing – The team will be staying in a local hotel with all the basic necessities.
*Minimum age to travel is 13. Ages 13-15 yrs. old must travel with a parent, ratio 1:1. 16-17 yrs. old must travel in a 5:1 ratio minor to guardian. 18 yrs. old is considered an adult and can travel alone.
Questions? Email Becky Mathews | (702) 947-2080