Dominican Republic – June
June 13 - 20 | Santiago, Dominican Republic
In 2020, we will be returning to Santiago, Dominican Republic to work with our partners at Hope House International and some of their community partners. Travelers will prepare for the trip working through training sessions related to global poverty and cultural awareness. During the trip, the team will do a variety of projects like construction, kids camp, and community outreaches.
The Crossing covers a large portion of this trip to eliminate some of the financial barrier that prevents many people from ever going on a mission trip. We do this so that you will take the next step of going global to learn about and engage with new cultures you’ve never been exposed to before. God does some of His best work in us when we’re in communities and cultures outside of our comfort zone and away from the distractions of everyday life. We believe that mission trips are transformational for anyone’s journey and we want to see every person that attends The Crossing active and engaged with ministry locally and globally. Short term missions tend to be a major catalyst towards making that happen.
Trip Cost: $2200
Trip Leaders: Kelsey Moubarek
Trip Open To: 16+ *
Application Deadline – January 1, 2020
WHY GO ON THIS TRIP?
The Braisted’s are an amazing family to work alongside to see what effective cross-cultural ministry looks like. Hope House International is a ministry thats developing quickly and is significantly impacting countless lives. Learning from and working with strong and passionate leaders like Mike and Amanda will inspire, challenge, and push you towards doing something more.
WHAT WILL THE TEAM BE DOING?
During the trip the team will do a variety of projects like construction, kids camp, and community outreaches. Team members will have the opportunity to experience what different outreach opportunities can look like in other countries. Teams will spend time debriefing each day to discuss their personal experiences and have the opportunity to process thoughts aloud with a team.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Must attend The Crossing or live in Las Vegas with the ability to attend team meetings.
- Open to anyone 16+
- Must have a passport 75 days prior to departure.
- Passport CANNOT expire within 6 months of departure.
- Submit deposit at registration and complete application for approval.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- How much do I pay directly to The Crossing? $850 per traveler. There will be a $300 deposit due at registration that is fully refundable until the date registration closes in case you need to drop out.
- What is included in the trip cost? All transportation expenses, housing, supplies, traveler’s insurance and all meals while in the DR.
- What is not included in the trip cost? Passport, food while traveling to/from the Dominican Republic, snacks/drinks at corner stores, and Souvenir shopping money.
- Worried about raising funds? God will provide! Your hard work is still required though, so during team meetings, your leader will discuss fundraising tips and ideas to help you be prepared for your journey.
- Transportation – Rental vans and trucks will be used to transport the team throughout their time in the DR.
- Housing – This year teams will be staying in 3-4 person rooms in a hotel near the Hope House.
*Trip applicants 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Applicants that are 16 or 17 years old must be approved by the trip leader to go on a trip without a parent/guardian.
Questions? Email Michelle White | (702) 947-2080