Over the next few weeks we plan to continue our efforts to support the ongoing healing taking place within our city. We will be loading up projects on this page as they become available. In addition to those we want to encourage you to step out as individuals, families, small groups, or companies to serve the community around you. Spend some time considering the ideas below. We want to be the hands and feet of Jesus at this time. There are several areas where we would like to help you engage with the community at this time.
During your acts of service, share pictures on social media and use the hashtag #ThisIsChurch and #CrossingLV
TOY AND GIFT CARD DRIVE
Hygiene Kits for the Homeless
We understand that many of you have been purchasing hygiene and cleaning items to help keep your family healthy and safe. However, there is a group of people in our community who do not have access to these resources. The homeless population in our city is among the most vulnerable to the coronavirus. We have learned through the Southern Nevada Health District that there is a need for hygiene kits to help make our homeless community less susceptible.
Many of you might have more than you need, or you might be able to find other products that we can donate to the SNHD.
Will you assemble a hygiene kit and bring it to The Crossing Windmill location Monday-Thursday from 9am-5pm?
- 1 gallon ziploc bag (everything goes in the bag)
- 1 small bottle of hand sanitizer
- Pairs of Socks
- Wet wipes
- Kleenex pack
- Lip balm
- Feminine hygiene products
- Mini shampoo/conditioner
- NO MOUTHWASH
Casa De Luz Food Drive
Our partners at Casa de Luz learned that due to the current situation, the major food supplier in the community would no longer be able to service this neighborhood. The people who live near Casa already have few resources and no access to a grocery store in the area, and now their food bank will no longer be able to help them if we do not stand in the gap. Please consider donating food so we can help 100 families a week at Casa de Luz.
Food can be dropped off at The Crossing Windmill Main Office 9am-5pm, Mon-Thurs OR at The Crossing Midtown Mon-Thurs, 9am-12pm
- Cereal - Oatmeal
- Pasta (Spaghetti / Elbow)
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Macaroni and Cheese Dinners
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Chili, Spaghetti O's, Ravioli, etc.
- Canned Tuna and Chicken
Serve The Community
Find a way to serve the current needs of our community. Click on an option below
Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
Spread the Word Nevada Volunteer Opportunities
Helping Hands of Vegas Valley
Three Square Volunteer Response
Serve Wherever Needed
Want to Help?
We are regularly learning of opportunities to serve families in the community and those who call The Crossing home. Sometimes, we have very little notice for a serve opportunity and just need to reach out to folks who are willing and able to help. Are you willing to receive an email or phone call when we have a need? Fill out the form below!
Serve Those You Know
We all know someone who is directly affected by the current events. Our aim as a church is to provide both short and long term support for those impacted, so consider how you can serve the following:
Do you know an essential workforce family? (police, fire, medical, social work, etc.)
Do you know someone who is in the vulnerable population?
Do you know a family who is now struggling to find childcare?
Have you noticed how overworked the grocery store employees are?
- Be a listening ear, offer encouragement, or pray with them.
- Make their grocery or pharmacy run for them.
- Provide a gift card for meals or coffee.
- Make them a home-cooked meal.
- Offer free childcare for the family you know that now has to find something for their kids who are home due to school closures.
- Send them a note, make a thank you card, have your family help as well.
- Please don’t purchase more than what you need.
- Buy a gift card from a small business, to help them with income, and then use the gift card a few months from now.
- Reach out to a distant friend and reconnect.
- Invite friends and family over to watch service with you next week
You know your friends and how they will best receive help. This is where and how we can lean in best as a church. In the days, weeks, and months ahead they will need us to rally around them and support them in very tangible, personal ways.
How can my family or small group serve?
- Stock the break room of local first responders and hospitals with water and non-perishable health foods.
- Adopt your local fire house: drop off snacks, cards, build a relationship, find ways you can serve them.
Here are several resources in the community available to you that might be useful at this time.
Our hearts break for the difficulties facing our community in this time and for each life affected. One of the greatest actions we can take is to pray. Pray for the community, for the families affected, and for our leaders. Go to your neighbors, friends, coworkers, and classmates. Pray with them and for them.
If you are in need and would like to reach out for help and prayer, click the button below to fill out a form and our Pastoral Care Team will reach out to you.
Stories From The Front Lines
Check out these stories of how The Crossing is serving our community.