Baptism At Home
We celebrate baptism at The Crossing! The moment you accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God and your personal Lord and Savior, you are ready. We practice full immersion baptism symbolizing death with Jesus and rising from the water into newness of life (Romans 6:4). That is a big deal, and we cannot wait to support you in making your public declaration of faith! Happily, you do not need to wait. Baptism can happen in your pool or bathtub, and requires only the presence of another baptized believer.
How do you do it?
Include The Crossing.
- Register here so we can send you a baptism certificate and a really unique gift
- Record this incredibly important event and share your photos and videos with us here
- Questions? Reach out to our baptism team here.
- Go to God and ask his forgiveness for all the ways and times you’ve not put him first in your life. Receive his forgiveness (1 John 1:9) and determine to do your best to stay near to him and trust him to lead your life (John 15:4, 5).
Find a pool, tub or spa.
- You’ll need water deep enough to be submerged in.
Invite your Baptizer.
- Invite someone who is actively following Jesus, and has been baptized by immersion to have the amazing honor of baptizing you. Perhaps it’s a family member or close friend who has mentored you in this process. This person will continue to walk with you in this next season of life, encouraging you, and holding you accountable.
- The baptizer can be with you in the water or next to you outside the water. If it helps, you can plug your nose with one hand and grab that wrist with your other hand making a “handle” for your baptizer to dunk you.
- The baptizer will say:
- “Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God and do you name Him as your personal Lord and Savior?”
- You will then respond: “I do.”
- The baptizer would then say:
- “Upon your confession of faith it’s my honor to baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit. Be buried with Christ…”
- He or she will then dunk you completely under the water.
- As you come up from the water, he or she will then say: …and raised to walk in newness of life!”
- Make sure to celebrate this moment! Take a moment to record this moment in your Bible or journal as a way to record and remember this milestone in your journey with Christ and what brought you to this moment.
Embrace your new life in Jesus!
- Make attending church a regular priority
- Download The Bible App and subscribe to a reading plan. Here are a few you might start with:
- “The Second Birth: New Believers”
- “The Bible Project: Gospels”
- “Divine Direction: 7 Decisions that will Change Your Life”
- “Bible RECAP”
- If The Crossing is your home church, attend Discover to learn more about our history, mission, vision, and values
Experience powerful church community now by joining an online small group