Three Square Volunteer Response
Three Square has temporarily changed the way that they are distributing food and need your help!
They will be distributing food at several locations across the valley using a drive-up model to ensure that our food insecure neighbors are given safe access to the food that they need. In order to be able to do this, they need volunteer support at these distribution sites.
Sign up as an individual volunteer rather than as a group. This allows Three Square to streamline the scheduling process during this busy time. When you arrive at the distribution site for your volunteer session, they will be sure to capture, during sign in, if you are part of a corporate group/organization so that they can track as needed. If you are not already registered as an individual volunteer with Three Square, below are the details from Three Square on how to sign up as a volunteer and get started:
– Visit our website to complete an individual application.
– Once your application is processed (within 24 hrs-48 hrs) you will receive an email asking you to create a password. (Please check your spam/junk folders)
– Once you have created your password, you can access our volunteer calendar in order to schedule yourself. You can access our volunteer calendar by going here and clicking on “already a volunteer” and then using your email address and password to log in.
– To schedule, click on “My Schedule” and you will now have access to view all of our volunteer opportunities including our offsite distributions across the valley. If a certain opportunity does not show up, it is because it is either full or has been cancelled. Please feel free to sign up for the location and time that works best for your schedule.
– If you need to cancel your scheduled shift you can do so by logging into your volunteer account clicking on “My Schedule” and selecting “Remove Me”. This will notify us and allow another volunteer to fill in.
– Please note our minimum age to volunteer is age 10 and up and all minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
– Three Square Food Bank is in compliance with strict health and safety guidelines. With excellent guidance from Feeding America and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), we are taking all of the necessary measures to ensure the health and safety of our employees, volunteers and clients. Therefore, we must ask that anyone who has visited a Level 2 or Level 3 country where the CDC believes there is a high risk of infection of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to refrain from volunteering at Three Square for a minimum of 14 days upon their return to the United States. We also ask that anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or is experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms refrain to from volunteering until they are fully recovered.
– If none of the above criteria apply, we welcome your help as a volunteer! We take the health and safety of our volunteers, staff and clients seriously and as such we are taking the necessary measures to distribute food as safely as possible. Gloves and hand sanitizer (as available, diligently working to secure additional sanitizer) will be provided to volunteers at all site locations. Our offsite distributions will be held using a drive thru model where the clients line up in their vehicles and do not get out of the vehicle to receive their food items. In addition to this, we are purposefully spreading out volunteers across the distribution site, as best as we can, while still being able to pack and distribute food for the clients being served. We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone and are doing the best that we can to keep everyone safe.