HOW YOU CAN HELP NOW
Over the next few weeks, we plan to continue our efforts to support the ongoing healing taking place within our city. We will be loading up projects on this page as they become available. In addition to those, we want to encourage you to take a step out as individuals, families, small groups, companies, schools, or clubs and serve the community around you. Spend some time considering the ideas below. Your acts of service will continue to advance the healing our city needs.
Serve Those You Know:
We all know someone who was directly affected by the events of October 1st. Our aim as a church is to provide long-term support for those impacted, so consider how you can serve the following:
- Do you personally know a first responder family?
- Do you personally know someone who was there?
- Do you personally know someone who works at Mandalay Bay?
- Spend time being a listening ear, offering encouragement, or praying with them.
- Take them a meal, provide a gift card for meals, or offer childcare.
- Send them a note, make a thank you card, have your family help as well.
You know your friends and how they will best receive help. This is where and how we can lean in best as a church. In the days, weeks, and months ahead they will need us to rally around them and support them in very tangible, personal ways.
How can my family or small group serve?
- Stock the break room of local first responders and hospitals with water and non-perishable health foods.
- Adopt your local firehouse: drop off snacks, cards, build a relationship, find ways you can serve them.
Our hearts break for what happened and for those affected. One of the greatest actions we can take is to pray. Pray for the victims, for the first responders, for the families affected, and for our city. Go to your neighbors, friends, coworkers, and classmates. Pray with them and for them.
UPDATES: Keep looking on our Facebook page or on our Website–thecrossinglv.com–for regular updates.
HEAL LAS VEGAS SERVE DAY, NOVEMBER 11
We are more committed than ever to extending compassion and impact in our community. On November 11th, we will collectively step into the community and serve a variety of capacities in an effort bring about healing and transformation. We will have projects of all types around the valley including our local partners, schools, non-profits, etc. You can sign up today by clicking the button below or at the Next Steps area on Sundays to be a part of this Serve Day.
- Casa de Luz
- Opportunity Village
- Veteran’s Village
- Renewing Life Center
- Go here to see all projects!!!
Click the button below to see all of the current serve projects and to find out a little about each.